The South Florida PGA has a busy schedule in 2015. Below are more details related to upcoming activities and ways to earn MSR credits. The current MSR requirement cycle ends June 15, 2015.
PGA members who volunteer at a junior tour event will receive one (1) credit per hour of volunteering. 6-8 hours per day are anticipated. Below is the updated schedule through May:
- Challenge Event #3 – Fountains Country Club – Lake Worth – April 25-26
- Challenge Event #4 – Vineyards Country Club – Naples – May 2-3
If you are able to help with any of these activities please contact Jake Weir at (561) 729-0544 or email@example.com.
DRIVE, CHIP & PUTT
The South Florida PGA will host 8 Drive, Chip & Putt qualifiers this summer. PGA members who volunteer at a qualifier will earn two (2) PGA Required credits for 5-8 hours of participation. One (1) PGA Required credit for 4 hours of participation. The qualifiers are listed below:
- June 14 – PGA Center for Learning & Performance – Port St. Lucie
- June 16 – Osprey Point Golf Course – Boca Raton
- June 23 – Stoneybrook Golf Club – Estero
- June 28 – Country Club of Miami – Hialeah
- July 7 – PGA National Golf Club – Palm Beach Gardens
- July 18 – The Vineyards Country Club – Naples
- July 28 – Plantation Preserve GC – Plantation
If you are able to help with any of these activities please contact Tori Stock at (561) 729-0544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PGA members who participate in Team Golf will earn PGA Required credits. The Team Golf schedule is divided into two separate seasons: summer and fall.
- Summer Season: June 1 – August 31
- Fall Season: September 1 – November 31
PGA members can earn three (3) PGA Required credits for each season your team participates (total of 6 credits in a calendar year). Max of two PGA members earning credit per team/season (coach & assistant coach). If you are interested in learning more and how you can start a team at your facility please contact Tyler Wolford at (561) 729-0544 or email@example.com.
PLAY GOLF AMERICA DAYS
PGA members who volunteer will receive one (1) credit per hour of volunteering (2-3 hours). Below is the updated schedule through May:
- Suncoast Church of Christ (Lake Worth)
Wellness Fair – Saturday, May 16
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Roger Dean Stadium
Golf Night – Saturday, May 23
If you are able to help with any of these events please contact Tyler Wolford at (561) 729-0544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PGA PLAYER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP – FRIDAY, MAY 8
Presented by: Mike O’Donnell, Senior Director of Player Development at PGA of America. Mike will focus on the tools and strategies that have been developed by PGA of America to help grow instruction and incremental revenue at your facility, and how they can lead to direct results for PGA members and their facilities. Topics will include defining player development, understanding player development math (including the revenue scorecard), identifying the consumer life cycle (from non-golfer to avid golfer), and developing instruction products that meet consumer needs.
- Location – Parkland Golf & Country Club
- 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 7 PGA Required credits available
- Costs = $45 (includes lunch)
- To register for the workshop click HERE
- Entry Deadline – Tuesday, May 5 at 11:59 PM EST
PGA ONLINE EDUCATION
There are 10 online video seminars worth 1-2 credits in the PGA Required category. At the end of each seminar session, you must successfully complete 70% of the assessment to earn credits. Each online seminar may only be taken once and there is just one assessment re-take opportunity allowed. The topics include but are not limited to: Player Development, Connecting with Her, Staff Sales & Service Training, Knowing Your Customer and more. These online courses are being offered in order to supplement the in-person opportunities available through Section meetings, Section education and Player Development programming.
Begin taking the courses HERE.