Your South Florida PGA GolfPass membership not only entitles you to discounts at an incredible selection of courses, but it also gives you an opportunity to participate in the GolfPass Member-Only Outing Program. These outings are your chance to play at 13 exclusive courses at a fraction of their normal fee.
SFPGA GolfPass Outings are held in a friendly, informal golf environment with three skills divisions available, each with its own format to help make the event competitive, yet enjoyable for golfers of all skill levels.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL OUTING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES BELOW, NOTING THAT AFTER THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2014 GOLFPASS OUTINGS WILL BEGIN FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2014
2014 Outing Sites:
- Outing #1 - Fort Lauderdale Country Club- March 21st
- Outing #2 - Bear Lakes Country Club – April 28th
- Outing #3 - Old Marsh Golf Club – May 21st
- Outing #4 – Mizner Country Club – June 16th
- Outing #5 – Jonathan’s Landing at Old Trail – Hills Course – July 13th
- Outing #6 – Ballen Isles – July 30th
- Outing #7 – Country Club at Mirasol - September 4th
- Outing #8 – The Fox Club – September 28th
- Outing #9 – Frenchmen’s Reserve – October 14th
- Outing #10 – PGA National – Championship Course – October 24th
- Outing #11 – Mayacoo Lakes Country Club – November 3rd
- Outing #12 – Parkland Golf & Country Club – December 1st
To download a printable application to submit for a 2014 GolfPass Outing click here or to register online click here (coming one).
Outing Rules & Regulations
Rules of Play
Click here for rules
- The SFPGA will honor request for early/late tee times and playing partners to the best of its ability.
- If you wish to be paired with a certain group, when making the request please list all the players in the group. Requesting to play with only one or two people in your foursome can sometimes result in your foursome being split up.
- Final pairings will be posted online at least 3 days prior to the event.
GolfPass Outings are designed to be fun events for golfers of all skill levels, and we have three divisions players can enter to win prizes.
- Scoring in the Callaway Division is done by eliminating some of your worst holes, and making an adjustment to your total score. The exact number of holes and adjustment is based on the Callaway scoring system. This system is a fair system for golfers of all skill levels.
- A players score is subtracted by their USGA handicap. An up-to-date (within the last 45 days) USGA handicap index card MUST be presented at registration to enter this division.
- For single digit handicappers, this division counts only your gross score.
- Men – closest to 6,100 yards
- Women – closest to 5,200-5,400 yards
- Scratch Division – closest to 6,600 yards
Closest to the Hole
- At each outing, an optional $5 closest to the pin contest is held. Prizes TBD.
Additional Outing Information:
Outings are for South Florida PGA GolfPass Members only, unless otherwise noted. Players will be paired together, but the format of the event will be individual stroke play competition. GolfPass members must call in the name of their guest to register, or send in his/her name along with a mailed entry form – no online registration is available for GolfPass members who wish to play with a guest.
All participants must be 18 years or older.
Soft Spikes only and proper dress required at all outing sites. No short shorts, jean-shorts, cutoffs, t-shirts. If you do not cooperate with the dress code, you will be asked to leave the premises or purchase clothing in the Pro Shop of the host facility.
Outing entry fees include cart fee, greens fee, range balls (if applicable) and prizes to division winners.
ALL PAYMENTS WILL BE PROCESSED ONCE RECEIVED BY THE SFPGA. THE SFPGA WILL NOT HOLD CHECKS OR BE RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURNED CHECKS!! THERE WILL BE A $25.00 SERVICE CHARGE ON ALL RETURNED CHECKS.
You may register for GolfPass Outings either online at www.sfpgagolf.com or by sending in a hard copy entry. Processing of SFPGA GolfPass Outing entries (Hard copy by mail and online) opens on February 15, 2013. Participants are encouraged to register at that time. No additional fees are incurred for registering via hard copy entry.
If sending in a hard copy entry form, please detach and send in the entry for each specific outing found in the back of your membership book. Be sure to include your name, customer ID, and pairing requests along with proper payment (check or AMEX/VISA/MASTERCARD) to the South Florida PGA by mail or via fax at 561-729-0914 (No checks if faxing). Hard copy entries will be processed by the SFPGA on a time-available basis. No telephone entries will be accepted. Hard copy entries will not be accepted after the outing deadline.
Space for events is limited and will be filled on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS.
ENRTY DEADLINES ARE SEVEN (7) DAYS PRIOR TO THE OUTING DATE AT 11:59 PM. THE BEST WAY TO GUARANTEE YOUR ENTRY INTO AN EVENT IS TO REGISTER ONLINE!!!
HARD COPY ENTRIES ARE NOT SUBJECT TO AN ADMINISTRATION FEE, BUT WILL TAKE LONGER FOR PROCESSING.
ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED.
ONLINE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Visit www.sfpgagolf.com and click on GolfPass on the top navigation toolbar, then click on GolfPass Outings. All of the outings will be listed. Select the outing in which you wish to play. When the pop-up screen appears click the link that says REGISTER ONLINE next to your designated outing. You will be prompted to enter your LAST NAME and CUSTOMER ID NUMBER. The 8-digit Customer ID number can be found on your GolfPass card or on the inside front page of this book. If you purchased your GolfPass at a retail store, golf course facility, or other, please call the SFPGA to retrieve your customer ID. You will then follow the on-screen instructions. Your credit card will be charged before the registration can be completed. It is recommended that you print the confirmation page for your records.
When registering other GolfPass members into outings, you will need their GolfPass customer ID number to complete the registration process.
Please view the GolfPass link on the SFPGA website for the most up-to-date information on the 2013 SFPGA GolfPass program.
IF A PLAYER WITHDRAWS AFTER THE ENTRY DEADLINE NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN unless his/her spot can be filled by another GolfPass competitor on a waiting list (less a $10.00 administrative fee).
IF A PLAYER WITHDRAWS BEFORE THE ENTRY DEADLINE A FULL REFUND WILL BE GIVEN.
ALL WITHDRAWALS MUST BE MADE BY WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE VIA MAIL: South Florida PGA / 186 Atlantis Blvd / Atlantis, FL 33462), FAX: 561-729-0914, OR VIA EMAIL TO: MCROWLEY@PGAHQ.COM. A PHONE MESSAGE IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE FORM OF WITHDRAWAL FROM AN OUTING.
SFPGA GolfPass Outings are conducted in South Florida’s rainy season and all participants are expected to continue to play in the rain unless the SFPGA Staff and/or host PGA Professional signals a horn that lightning or other inclement weather is nearby. Play will then be suspended until further notice by the SFPGA Staff and/or host PGA Professional. It is the SFPGA’s intent to complete all outing rounds on the scheduled day. If inclement weather suspends play and play cannot be continued, the outing will be deemed complete and division winners will be announced unless otherwise decided by the SFPGA Staff. Nine complete holes are deemed to constitute a full round in the case of inclement weather.
TARDINESS TO EVENTS/SLOW PLAY:
If a participant misses his/her tee time, there is no guarantee that the participant will be able to play in the event & NO REFUNDS will be given. Be sure to confirm your tee time prior to the event and arrive on-site at least 30 minutes before your starting time. Slow play during events will not be tolerated. Warnings and penalties will be given to those participants deemed out-of-position.
DIRECTIONS TO OUTING SITES:
It is recommended that all players contact the host club prior to the event to re-confirm directions. All up-to-date outing addresses will be listed on the SFPGA website. It is the player’s responsibility to get directions to each outing site. No refunds will be given to tardy players.
On-site registration is required at each event, and you must present you GolfPass card or membership booklet in order to play.