The Southern Chapter of the South Florida Section is an association of golf professionals whose mission is to promote interest, participation, and enjoyment in the game of golf; establish and maintain professional standards of practice; and enhance the well-being of golf professionals. Approximately 250 members and apprentices are employed at over 100 facilities in the Southern Chapter region which geographically covers covers Broward, Dade and Monroe Counties. A primary role of the organization is to promote participation and interest in golf on a professional and amateur level. In accordance with our mission, the Southern Chapter conducts free junior clinics, provides volunteer professionals at community events, playing opportunities to amateurs through Pro-Am tournaments, and provides education seminars to its golf professionals. This is accomplished through the efforts put forth by all of the club professionals, teaching professionals,and touring professionals that comprise the Southern Chapter PGA.
Southern Chapter Award Winners
|4-1-13||Weston Hills Country Club||1 Better Ball Of 2|
|4-22-13||Nelson Cup Matches||Country Club of Coral Springs||Match Play|
|5-21-13||Pembroke Lakes||Stroke Play|
|5-20-13||Junior/Senior Pro-Pro (Postponed/Thunder)||Seven Bridges at Springtree||6-6-6|
|6-3-13||Pro-Only #2 and Education Seminar||International Links Miami||Stroke Play|
|6-28-13||Pro-Am #1||Palm Aire||2 Best Ball of 4|
|6-28-13||DEADLINE TO PURCHASE PLAYER’S CARD||online registration|
|7-15-13||Pro-Only #3 and Education Seminar||The Club at Emerald Hills||Stableford|
|7-29-13||Pro-Scratch||Woodmont Country Club||1 Better Ball of 2|
|8-12-13||Pro-Only #4||Fort Lauderdale C.C.||Stroke Play|
|8-30-13||Pro-Am #2||Jacaranda Country Club||2 Best Balls of 4|
|9-3-13||Pro-Only #5||Hollybrook Country Club||Stroke Play|
|9-14-13||Ocean Reef 2-Day Pro-Am||Ocean Reef Resort||2 Best Balls of 4|
|9-23-13||Pro-Only #6||Deering Bay Yacht and C.C.||Stableford|
|10-7-13||Pro-Pro||Parkland Country Club||1 Better Ball of 2|
|10-21-13||Chapter Championship||Jacaranda Country Club||36-Hole Stroke Play|
Match Play Championship
|Plantation Preserve||9-Hole Match Play|
|TBD||2 Best Balls of 4|
|11-18-13||Southern Chapter Invitational||Country Club of Coral Springs||Quota Stableford|
|12-8-13||Annual Fall Meeting and Awards Dinner||Fort Lauderdale Country Club|
Note: For Pro-Am Tournaments, the entry deadline will be strictly enforced. The entry deadline for Pro-Am Tournaments will be at 5pm, two days prior to the event.
- 2013 Tournament Rules and Regulations
- 2013 Player’s Card Registration Printable Form
- Click the link above to print the registration form and mail a check for your 2012 Player’s Card. You may also click the registration link below to register for you Player’s Card online.
- Online Registration
- Please note that all Professional-Only events can be done through the registration link. All other event registrations (Pro-Am’s, Pro-Scratch, and Pro-Lady) are done through the Host Professional. Click on each individual tournament listed above for detailed information on the event.
- Player of the Year Points
- Sponsorship Brochure (Click to Download as PDF)
- The Southern Chapter needs your support. If you know of any individual or business that would like to sponsor our chapter, we will give you 10% of their contribution. Sponsor money goes a long way to creating new programs and sustaining programs already in place.
- Volunteers are need for this season’s Junior Clinics. 2 MSR service points and $100 will be awarded for each clinic. How else could you earn points and get paid?! Contact information to volunteer is located on the schedule.
- April 25th, 2011 – Annual Spring Meeting
- November 6th, 2011 – Annual Fall Meeting
- April 16th, 2012 – Annual Spring Meeting
- December 9th, 2012 – Annual Fall Meeting